Monday, May 04, 2009

Mission accomplished...

A very pleasant Beer Festival, and the Sarah Hughes duly found. First time I had had it in 15 years.

My chemo started on Friday, so thank goodness I went to the went festival on Thursday. I could not have stomached them together - chemo and real ale - but I would not let it curtail enjoyment of my weekend, and we went to to stay with some very hospitable and kind hosts on the south coast. Thank you!

However, the chemo does seem rather harsh, so I expect the coming days will provide me with plenty of sleep. Since the news appears to be about Gordon Brown (will he / won't he stay?) and swine fever (tabloid heaven), I will not be missing out on much.

2 comments:

Ted said...

Good luck with the chemo, don't sleep too much, the Gordon Brown political car crash is worth watching.

SBS said...

I know; Alan Johnson must be rubbing his hands.