Thursday, April 30, 2009

Beer Festival


Although I am ill, I think I will be attending the Reading Reer Festval today. After all, why shouldn't I? I have, I repeatedly have said, determined to enjoy myself. My "new" chemotherapy starts tomorrow, and I think there is nothing in terms of bans alcohol - in moderation - in the afternoon before.
CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) organise a fantastic festival each year, but it is the first year when I will have been on the Thursday. I am told all the best beers are there then. I am in search of Sarah Hughes Original Dary Ruby Mild, which does not last long. I think it being the cheapest entry day, it will be full of students.

6 comments:

Diggers said...

I always enjoyed the Reading Beer Festival. Actually, I seem to enjoy most beer festivals. Have a cheeky half for me!

WeepingCross said...

I can't stand beer most of the time, so by all means have mine!

Unknown said...

Hmmm. I'm not sure we quite did the "in moderation" bit. Oops.

Rob said...

I hope you found the Sarah Hughes Original Dark Ruby Mild. And best wishes after the new chemotherapy today.

Alan said...

I've just had your blog pointed in my direction. Or vice versa. Anyway I haven't read it end to end yet, but will endeavour to do so. However, I have picked up that you have some sort of brain problem and that you've been receiving various treatments with varying success. Well, I've got some good news for you. Beer is excellent chemotherapy. I'm sure you remember as a kid, or young adult, that alcohol kills blood cells? Well, I don't think it's that specific. So in theory, every beer is doing you good. Cheers! (and best of luck with everything)

Alan

Alan said...

I meant "brain cells" not "blood cells" derrrrrrrrr...