Sunday, April 26, 2009

Must keep life normal...

I try to keep life as normal as possible. OK, so I don't work. But I try to do a bit of housework. I don't drive but I potter to nearest shops, 10 minutes walk away. This exhausts me. I end up having to go to bed two or three times a times a day.

Yesterday, we went to Henley where I bought two hats to protect my head. My hair is growing in patches. I have none in some patches, and no sign of it. Some areas it is thick, and never really went. And in some areas, it is poking through the scalp as if for the first time. You could describe it as baby-like. These bits include the scar from the operation - now 7 months back - all 55 stitches of itch. This area can be painful - a bit like teething, as the hair has to come up all the way from its root. I wonder if a baby finds "hairing" sore. I am also concerned every time I get a headache or swelling of the scalp - it could be another fit. Still, not had a fit since Maundy Thursday - touch wood!

Now, what is "normal"? An outing. Beale Park Zoo this afternoon. And I plan on Thursday, Reading Beer Festival. However, it is now 10.20am - time for a nap before elevenses!

1 comment:

Tim said...

Hi Sam, hope Beale Park was good. Barely 10 miles up the road from us, and we still haven't been there yet. Hope all's well - enjoy the Beer Festival this week.