Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Which Palestine?

Well, the most momentouus thing for me in the last three days is a seizure that confined me to hospital. I think it's all to do with over doing it, and a huge increase in the medication for 5 days. So, I have more or less confined myself bed until this programme ends - today. Last time my tumour gave me a seizure in October, I had to discharge myself from hospital as I had to go to see the Stranglers. No such emergency this time. With, the any luck, I should as back on my feet, as anyone with a grade 4 brain tumour can be, before long. Meanwhile, there have some political events I have yet to comment on.

I am not going to analyse here on Gaza too much. That has all been done. And so much analysis has been done badly. I saw a lady from Palestinian Solidarity Movement on BBC News 24 on Saturday. What solidarity? There is no solidarity between Hamas and Fatah. Hamas remain a terrorist outfit, whose leaders wish the destruction of the Jewish race. Fatah want to get down to business. They have a good chance now without Yasser Arafat. It was Bruce Anderson who said of Arafat: "He never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity." How accurate!

So what can we do? There is no point debating the last sixty years of wrongs and rights - there are plenty on both sides. There is little point trusting Hamas, who say they support extermination of a race. And if Hamas ever "do a deal" they always seems to break it again. Israel seem to be very heavy-handed as usual, but then were not we in Iraq, but with the UN critcism?

I feel desperately sorry for the Palestinian living under Hamas. But you are led by donkeys. Don't vote for them! Meanwhile, plug on with negotiation - Israel seem to be getting some security out of it. And Hamas are still donkeys!

No comments: