Friday, May 15, 2009

Yawn yawn yawn - expenses

OK - after a week I am finally bored of this "scandal". Yes, I will grant you, some have pushed the expenses to the limit, and several deserve investigation. But the public have swallowed it as if they are all criminals.

I don't suppose anybody watched Question Time yesterday. It was full of very angry, very ill-informed people. All looking for a reason to vote BNP or UKIP. And glad they have found one,

Of course the need to change it is huge. But how big a problem is it all? If every MP took the maximum £24,000 a year - and they don't - it would still cost less at £16,000,000. However many Gulf Wars could we have funded with that?

Yes, the expenses - a bit of fun, and a few rotten eggs - but can we return to politics? I mean - finance, education, NHS, Sri Lanka, Pakistan...

2 comments:

lucifer said...

Loving reading your comments..... It's refreshing, like having some sanity to dip into amidst all of this. Keep it up!

Helen said...

Hi Sam ,

I am still bored of it. And I suspect will still be bored of it for some time to come.

H x